Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Portfolio 1: Characters

As I stumble through the blogosphere, my portfolio should appear within the next few blogs. This will be a slightly pared-down version of the printed piece. In putting this book together, I drew a variety of characters, props and scenes that I thought would be fun to draw and would also showcase my drawing style. I like playing with straight and curved lines, pushing the style to see what I can get away with and having a strong silhouette.
The musicians are the amazing Ethyl and the Regulars, one of Denver's best rockabilly bands. Here 'tis:

                             











3 comments:

  1. Andrew, I detect a strong influence from the cartoons of the late 50s & early 60s ... and the artwork of Bid Daddy "rat fink" Ed Roth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your art work Andrew...good luck with your career!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep,
    I grew up on Big Daddy Roth art and the cartoons of the 50s and 60s.

    Robert,
    At this time, the book isn't for sale. I printed a few to send to some potential employers, and the low press run means the cost of each book would be prohibitively expensive to market. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete